Online banking 24 hours a day
Mobile phone card top-up
How can you become an OTPdirekt customer?
In order to use the OTPdirekt services, all you need to do is to sign an agreementDuring the conclusion of the OTPdirekt contract, it is possible to open the following channels:
- OTPdirekt via internet,
- OTPdirekt telephone based customer service,
- OTPdirekt by mobile phone allowing interactive inquiry, and providing the possibility of a morning balance notification SMS and Card, Direct Debit and Account Control SMS services).
How can you apply?
In Internet banking service
Login to the OTPdirekt internetbank.
At a bank branch in person
Find our nearest bank branch!
If you are abroad, please contact us by email.
Using the Mobile Signature
You can enhance security when using our Internet Service with the help of our free Mobile Signature function. You may request that (in addition to your ID code, password and account number) an additional code sent by SMS to your mobile phone which is required to access any information regarding your account.
- Logon to the OTPdirekt Internet Service
- Perform (or cancel) any active transaction.
With the use of this function it is not possible to log on or perform any transactions even if someone illegally obtained your personal data, as the SMS sent by OTPdirekt contains an additional code which provides a higher level of security.
If you are using the new OTP MobilBank application, you can use the Mobile signature via push notification and approves your transactions in the application.
You may activate the free Mobile Signature function at any OTP Bank branch or through the OTPdirekt Telephone Service.
Frequently Asked Questions
The User Identification (ID) Code is a 7-digit code generated by the computer system and indicated in the customer's contract. Together with the secret password, the User ID Code is used for the purpose of customer identification. When using the OTPdirekt service the customer must use the User ID Code and the secret password. Users are not allowed to change their Identification Codes!
Similarly to the bank account number, the User ID Code is accessible by the bank for its own internal use. Consequently, you can let our operators know this code when asking for information and also please include this code in the e-mails you send to us in which you're asking for help.
The secret password is a 7-digit code that you'll be asked to create at the POS terminal at one of our branches when signing a contract or changing your password. When you log in for the first time after the signing of the contract or changing a password, it's important that you change this secret password in the menu item Settings / Change Password. You won't be able to use any functions of the OTPdirekt service until you've changed your initial password.
You are requested to treat your password as highly confidential, similarly to your bankcard PIN code and the secret code required for using the telephone administration service. Unauthorized persons who come to know your password can gain access to your bank account.
OTP Bank has implemented several measures in relation to its web-based OTPdirekt service that provide a higher degree of security for customers using this service. However, your co-operation is essential in order to minimise the risks implied in the use of the system.
Please avoid the use of characters consisting of accent marks or punctuation marks (such as ?, %, _, space, etc.) and make sure that your new password differs in at least 3 positions from the previous password.
For retail customers, the daily limit is the maximum amount per day, as specified in the contract related to the provision of web-based OTPdirekt services, up to which OTP Bank will fulfil transfer orders to the debit of the accounts belonging to a particular User Identification Code to bank accounts other than these Account Circle, and also any transactions effected to ensure adequate funds on a card account (known as Instant Card-to-Card Transfers).
The money transfers and retransfers, with the exception of Card-to-Card Transfers, between accounts belonging to the same OTPdirekt customer ID code do not affect the limit applicable on that day. Card-to-Card Transfers (whether they are made to the credit of accounts included in the respective Account Circle or to other accounts) will always be deducted from the daily limit.
For corporate accountholders, the daily limit is the maximum amount per day, as specified in the contract related to the provision of web-based OTPdirekt services, up to which OTP Bank will fulfil transfer orders to the debit of the Account Circle registered for the respective user's OTPdirekt ID code. This means that in the case of multiple accounts belonging to the same OTPdirekt ID code, the daily limit is the aggregate upper limit of transfer orders that may be given per day in relation to the given Account Circle.
Retail customers who permanently reside in a foreign country may conclude OTPdirekt contracts with OTP Bank as follows:
- You need to send an e-mail to us stating your intention to enter into an OTPdirekt agreement. In our reply, we'll send you the forms you'll need to complete in order to conclude the contract. Please print one copy of each form and fill them in.
- After that, you'll need to obtain your local consul's authentication
of the 'Statement' form and return one copy of each document to the following
OTP Bank Rt.
Elektronikus és Bankszámla Szolgáltatási Igazgatóság
H - 1876 Bp., Nádor u. 16.
- We will send you the 'PIN envelope' containing the secret password that enables you to use the service. Depending on the method of delivery that you've indicated in the Statement, we'll send you the password by regular mail in a sealed envelope, or your authorised representative may take delivery of the envelope at an OTP branch designated by you. When logging into the system for the first time, you'll need to change the password you found in the 'PIN envelope'. You won't be able to use any functions of the OTPdirekt service until you've changed your initial password. We will debit the postal charges (for the delivery of the 'PIN envelope' and the contract) to your bank account at the same time as we send the sealed envelope.
The Account Circle refers to a group of accounts in relation to which you can give instructions in OTP's web-based OTPdirekt system by using a single OTPdirekt identification code and a secret password.
Retail customers' Account Circle may include the following types of bank accounts: Retail Current Account, Junior Current Account, Non-Residents' Non-Convertible Current Account Deposits, accounts belonging to the Electronic Account Package, Retail Savings Account, Retail Currency Savings Account, 'B-Loan', 'C-Loan' and 'C-Plusz Loan' accounts, MOBIL Deposit Account, and Securities/Securities Deposit Accounts.
Corporate customers' Account Circle may only contain corporate cash turnover accounts.
Retail customers can request the inclusion of additional accounts in their existing Account Circle at any of our branches (with the exception of securities accounts, which may only be added at branches that manage the securities account in question). Corporate accountholders may only request the inclusion of additional accounts at branches that participate in the conclusion of OTPdirekt contracts.
You can check in the Account History whether your orders have been executed and whether their amounts and transfer dates are correct.
Orders submitted after opening hours are stored in the system; you can check these in the menu item 'Check Transactions' of the web-based OTPdirekt service (item awaiting processing / already processed in Account Management System / processing denied by the system).
You can access the OTPdirekt web-based system 24 hours a day. Transaction services (transfer orders and instructions for opening time deposits) will only be executed with immediate effect if the order is submitted during what are known as the system's "opening hours". Opening hours are 7:45 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 7:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays, on normal banking days.
Any transfer orders that you submit after regular opening hours (i.e. during the offline periods) of the Account Management System will not be processed on that same day. Our system will store these orders and process them when the Account Management System opens on the following banking day.
Please note that you cannot modify or cancel stored orders submitted during an offline period either in the OTPdirekt system or through any other service of the bank. You cannot cancel immediate and VIBER transfer orders, either, after they have been processed in the Account Management System. However, you can modify or cancel time deposits, value-date transfer orders, and standing orders at our branches or by using our telephone-based customer service.
From 24th March 2022 the SmartBank service is only available for corporate users
The SmartBank service for retail customers has been replaced with the new OTP MobilBank, which provides the most important functions needed for daily banking.
Quick account balance
Mobile phone top-up
QR code cheque payment
Approve online payments
How can I access OTPdirekt SmartBank?
OTPdirekt SmartBank services may be used by clients already registered to use OTPdirekt internet services.
In order to start using the SmartBank, users will need to register via a quick and easy process and have Mobile Signature with enabled logon or per transaction option. Following registration, SmartBank will be available for immediate use.
The functions of the OTPdirekt SmartBank service can be used by our customers who are already using the OTPdirekt internet service. All you need to get started is a short, simple registration, after which the SmartBank service can be used immediately.
From March 24, 2022, SmartBank registration will only be available to business customers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Once SmartBank is launched, a short, simple registration is required. This will require the same ID (HAZ), bank account number and password as for the InternetBank.
Steps of registration:
- Click the Registration button on the home screen.
- Enter the data used to access the InternetBank: ID (HAZ), account number, password.
- Enter a so-called SmartBank PIN code of your choice, consisting of 6-8 digits, and confirm by entering it again.
- If your device is capable of biometric identification (fingerprint, FaceID) and you have already registered at least one of these methods on your device, you can also choose this convenient identification method.
- Declare that you are the only person using the fingerprint or FaceID authentication function on your device.
- You can finalise your registration by entering the ID you receive in an SMS message.
I forgot my ID and/or password, what should I do?
- You can find your ID on the OTPdirekt contract or, if necessary, our staff will help you to enter the necessary registration details (ID, account number) at any bank branch.
- You can request a new password at any of our branches. Or, you can request a new password as part of a short process after confirming your identity. The answers to the questions are mandatory and a prerequisite for identification.
You can register with any account number that you can manage in the InternetBank. However, we recommend that you do this with the account you use most often, so that if you close a less frequently used account down the line, this will not disrupt the use of your SmartBank app.
Yes. Any number of OTPdirekt contracts can be registered on one device, and the PIN code can be set separately for each contract.
Of course, if you use fingerprint or FaceID, the fingerprint or FaceID set is valid for all contracts.
You can choose the PIN code yourself, but there are some requirements you must meet for your security. The PIN code
- can consist of 6-8 characters,
- can only contain numbers that are not in a continuously increasing or decreasing sequence (e.g. 1234567, 987654)
- cannot consist of identical digits (e.g. 333333)
It is important to note that the SmartBank PIN is not the same as the PIN of your SIM card, phone lock screen or bank card. This is a number you can choose as you wish.
To ensure your security, your SmartBank registration must be activated before you can fully use the application.
- Until the Smartbank registration is activated, transactions are approved by entering a security code (Mobile Signature SMS) sent to you by SMS.
- You can activate your SmartBank registration 24 hours after registration at the earliest by using the “Activate registration” function in the Settings menu of the application. Using this function, you can activate your registration by entering a security code (Mobile Signature SMS) sent to you by SMS.
- After this, however, you will be able to use regular PIN, fingerprint or FaceID validation/confirmation in the future.
You can delete your registration in the following ways:
- Before logging in to the application, you can use the “Delete registration” function available in the menu,
- After logging in to the application, go to Settings and use the “Delete registration” function,
- In the InternetBank interface, under “SmartBank registration maintenance” in the Settings menu,
- Via the telephone banking service: +36 20/30/70 3 666 666 (OTPdirekt telephone administrator contract required),
- Information line: +36 20/30/70 3 666 666.
Please be advised that registration is also cancelled if you incorrectly enter your PIN code three times or if your OTPdirekt contract is terminated.
On your mobile device, SmartBank login is always performed with PIN (or fingerprint, FaceID), regardless of the Mobile Signature setting.
The transaction is approved in the usual way for the InternetBank, in line with the options of the Mobile Signature setting, according to its rules with PIN/biometric (fingerprint/FaceID) identification.
Your SmartBank PIN is device and contract-specific, it is not known to the bank, so it is not possible to give you another PIN. We are not able to verify the SmartBank PIN code for information security reasons.
If you forget your SmartBank PIN, you will need to delete your registration on the device and then re-register.
The registration is also deleted after three incorrect PIN entries.
For your security, we delete the registration from your device after 3 incorrect attempts at entry.
Please register again if you wish to continue to use the service.
If there are multiple contracts registered on the same device, the other contracts are not deleted.
InternetBank use with the SmartBank QR code
After scanning the QR code, you may typically see two information messages.
"Your SmartBank registration has not been activated yet, therefore, QR code confirmation is not allowed. Activation can be initiated it in the Settings menu 24 hours after registration at the earliest."
This occurs if you have already registered your OTPdirekt contract in the SmartBank application, but have not activated it yet. You can carry out the activation 24 hours after registration at the earliest by using the “Activate registration” function in the Settings menu of the application. Using this function, you can activate your registration by entering a security code (Mobile Signature SMS) sent to you by SMS.
„The transaction cannot be approved with the contract currently selected in SmartBank.”
This may happen if you have several OTPdirekt contract registrations on your device and the one you want to use to access the InternetBank is not the one you have selected. You can check the selected contract in the drop-down list in the header. In addition to the name, you can also see the ID and the account number.
Secure banking on your mobile
OTP Bank applies a number of security measures to ensure that you can use SmartBank as safely as possible. To minimise the risks, however, your cooperation is also required.
- Keep your PIN code used for login confidential and do not share it with anyone.
- Never write down the code in any form.
- Change your PIN code regularly.
- When changing your password, avoid obvious codes that are easy to guess (e.g. date of birth, postal code).
We recommend that you take the utmost care to protect your mobile phone and your data.
- Regularly download the updates available for the operating system you are using.
- Use a strong PIN code on your mobile phone to both log in and unlock. (It is important that the device always be locked automatically within a short time.)
- Use protection solutions developed for mobile phones.
- If your devices are stolen or lost, change the password you use to access the InternetBank as soon as possible.
- After reading, delete SMS messages from OTP Bank from your mobile phone.
Scams and fraud via email, SMS and phone have become a very common form of abuse. These are designed for perpetrators to illegally obtain information by claiming to be from OTP Bank or another company: personal data of the account or bank card holder, the ID for InternetBank login, security code, password or bank card details.
Scammers either try to elicit information from customers over the phone, claiming to be a bank employee, or by sending an email or SMS containing a hyperlink. This link leads to a webpage that looks deceptively similar to the bank’s InternetBank login page. Through this, they are able to collect the passwords and data of misled customers.
How can you defend against this?
- Be very careful. Be suspicious of any phone call, SMS message, social networking site message or email requesting your password or PIN for InternetBank login and identification. You should also be suspicious if you receive a message that is difficult to understand and uses un-Hungarian language, as this content is often produced using a translation programme.
- Never answer these types of phone calls, emails or SMS messages. OTP Bank will never ask you for passwords or PIN codes or any other confidential information either by email, phone or SMS. The bank’s staff can only ask you for personal data if we are contacting you about a specific, ongoing matter, in the manner of contact you have indicated.
- In such cases, you should always exercise caution and inform our bank immediately at email@example.com or call the OTPdirekt information line on +36 (1) 3666 666 (menu item 8).
If your mobile device has not previously been registered with OTPdirekt SmartBank, available as part of the InternetBank and MobileBank service, we have introduced additional security measures for your security for the first approval of transactions launched through SmartBank.
During normal operation, approval is given using the PIN, fingerprint or FaceID identification, but in this case, for your identification, by using the security code sent in a free-of-charge SMS (Mobile Signature SMS).
To activate your OTP SmartBank registration and, thus, enable PIN code or biometric identification, you have the following two options:
- After 24 hours from registration, the “Activate registration” function becomes available in the Settings menu of the OTP SmartBank mobile application. Using this function, you can activate your registration by entering a security code (Mobile Signature SMS) sent to you by free-of-charge SMS. After this, however, you will be able to use regular PIN, fingerprint or FaceID validation/confirmation in the future.
- The first transaction subject to approval initiated after 24 hours from registration must be approved by a security code (Mobile Signature SMS) sent in a free-of-charge SMS message. After this, however, you will be able to use regular PIN, fingerprint or FaceID validation/confirmation in the future.
Please note that until the Smartbank mobile app registration is activated, neither OTP InternetBank QR code login nor QR code transaction approval functions (QR code-based Mobile Signature) are operational. Until then, you can access OTP InternetBank using the security code (Mobile Signature SMS) sent in a free-of-charge SMS message.
What transactions need to be approved with a Mobile Signature?
- VIBER transfer,
- Transfers to outside own accounts, for entrepreneurs also within own accounts,
- 24/7 instant transfer between OTP debit cards,
- Query of webCARD data,
- Activation, blocking and limit change of bank cards,
- Saving and modification of forms,
- Requests/applications (e.g. insurance, loans, OTPdirekt Broker, Car Lottery).
Devices with modified (jailbroken, rooted) operating systems cannot be used with SmartBank.
However, there are also certain types of phones where rooting is done at the factory.
If you would like to check if the type of mobile phone or operating system you have is preventing the app from updating, please contact our customer service.
Mobile phone top-up
SMS service settings
Modification of personal data
How does OTP's telephone banking service work?
Call us on the number plusz06 1 366 6666 or on your own mobile network on +36 20/30/70 366 6666!
For faster administration, please enter the last 10 digits of your card number and the Telcode associated with the card. You will then need to enter 3 random digits for your 7-digit secret password.
Manage your finances conveniently!
Tell our collagues what are you calling for. Before executing the transactions, our staff will repeat the details of the order and wait for your verbal approval.
How to apply?
The OTPdirekt telephone banking service can be used by anyone who has a valid OTP bank card.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Telecode is a 3-digit password for the OTPdirekt telephone banking service, which is used to secure customer data. At first login, the Telecode is the last 3 digits of the account number associated with the bank card, or the last 3 digits of the card number for prepaid cards.
It is strongly recommended that you change your Telecode after receiving your bank card, which can be changed later in the appropriate menu of the phone banking service. In addition, this can also be done at any bank branch if you have a contract for phone banking.
Your 7-digit password must be entered in the OTPdirekt InternetBank login interface. If you want to change your password, you can do so after logging in by going to the “Change password” option under Settings.